[CentOS] Intel NIC

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 16:08:35 UTC 2010

On 12/18/10 3:19 AM, Gerhard Schneider wrote:

> The problem with VMWare Server is that it is a discontinued product for
> longer time and they don't provide us with a suitable replacement.

Do you need something that the 1.x series won't do?  If something works and
serves your purpose it doesn't matter if it is discontinued or not.

> So our institute had to switch to VMWare workstation that can be run as
> a server, too. I'm running CentOS 5.5 as the Host OS and 5.5 and
> RHEL6beta as guests. We didn't try out RHEL6 (waiting for CentOS6 :-)

The other option is to run ESXi and move anything you were running on the host
to a guest.  You'll get better performance that way but you need to run the
converter tool on some other machine to get the images copied in.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com