[CentOS] how to install Linux on an IBM xserver 335 server without graphics card?

Rudi Ahlers

Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun Dec 19 10:59:45 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I recently got some IBM Xseries 335 servers 2nd hand, and noticed they
don't have any graphics card. Some google searched indicate they only
have an uplink port, which you could connect to another (other model)
IBM server and use that as the head node. But, I don't have one
available.

It has 2x GB NIC's, and what looks like a management port, but I can't
figure out how to use it. SSH & HTTP connections to it was futile. OR,
it was assigned a dedicated IP, on a different subnet than ours but
it's not written down anywhere so I don't know what IP to connect to.

Does anyone know how to get Linux installed onto these devices? We
have a PXE server in the office which I generally use for this setting
up servers over the LAN, but they always have a VGA port.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com