[CentOS] Intel NIC

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 16:40:22 UTC 2010

On 12/19/10 9:33 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Stephen Harris<lists at spuddy.org>  wrote:

>>> I'd welcome your opinion. I did a bunch of integration with
>>> CentOS/RHEL 4 with the older, open source Xen utilities.
>>
>> This is slightly out of date now, but I evalauted a few virtualization
>> systems, including XenServer:
>>   http://sweh.spuddy.org/Essays/Virtualization_options.html
>
> Now, *that* is what reviews should be like. Clear side by side
> comparisons on the performance, features, and missing bits you need to
> do yourself, very useful. It is a bit out of date: I hope you get a
> chance to try the same tests with CentOS 6.

But the ESXi version isn't exactly fair to someone who would deploy on the
hardware intended.  Also, the restriction to 1 CPU isn't built-in - there's a
place where you select the number of CPUs you will use when you are registering
for the free license.  I don't know what the actual maximum is, but it is at
least 2 with a fairly large number of cores.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com