[CentOS] Text Proccessing script - advice?

lhecking at users.sourceforge.net lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 21 17:33:51 UTC 2010

> sort -t ','? -k 3,3 -k 4,4? file.log? # this will sort the file according to the DATE field as well as the Time fileld.
> I'm stuck for the last 30 min to find a way to get the first line of each day (logically it'll be the earliest as i've sorted by date/time previously) once i know how to do this, i'll be able to compare time and proceed..

 If you're not afraid of perl, the Date-Manip module allows comparing time
 and date, among other things.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.