[CentOS] Moving from Fedora -- Advice??

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Dec 21 18:49:18 UTC 2010

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 12/17/2010 12:32 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>> Not with PIV-II cards....
>
> Why?  Do they use a non-standard SSH agent?

pkcs11. opensc. NOT COOLKEY. Trying to use a current version of openssh,
opensc, and openct that my manager built it 100% repeatably tries to use
coolkey, and as you've seen from earlier posts, pops up the "phone home"
window, then, when you make that go away, it brings up the Smart Card
Manager window... WITH the FORMAT button enabled!

Oy. Having uninstalled coolkey, and its dependency esc, made all that go
away, once I'd done some minor configuration.

         mark