[CentOS] Changing Root E-Mail address

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Wed Dec 22 19:50:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Les Mikesell wrote:

*snipped*

> And, there may be other interesting/critical mail coming to root.

Good point.

I always have root's email sent to my own user account.

That's one of the things my ALI scripts sets up for me.

echo
echo "Processing /etc/aliases config file"
echo

# Backup the newly installed aliases configuration file.
cp -vpR $ETC_DIR/aliases $ETC_DIR/aliases$ORG_SUFX
echo

# Use sed to edit the new aliases file and change
# who should get root's email.

echo "Setting up who gets root's email"

sed -i s/#root:.*marc/'root:    keith'/ $2/aliases

echo
cat $ETC_DIR/aliases
echo

Kind Regards,