[CentOS] IT8218 PCI IDE RAID CARD

Keith Roberts

keith at karsites.net
Thu Dec 23 17:26:36 UTC 2010

I have big problems with this card not working on Centos 5.5

If I run Parted Magic (kernel 2.6.32.11) from CD, then the
IT8212F IDE PCI controller is detected OK, and I can access
the WD hard drive on the controller, in r/w mode.

Running Centos 5.5 I get lots of I/O errors at boot time,
and cannot get r/w access to the drive from GParted.

Any ideas what's happening, and why Centos 5.5 cannot get
access to the IDE drive on the IT8212F controller card?

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

in practice they are not.