[CentOS] {SOLVED} Re: DNS update system-config-network GUI

Lanny Marcus

Fri Dec 24 20:42:03 UTC 2010

> Box is fully updated CentOS 5.5 (32 bit). DHCP is from the ADSL modem
> 192.168.1.1. After I update the DNS settings and restart the network,
> the DNS changes do not hold. I have tried using

Per replies in this thread, I modified the resolv.conf and
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0  files.  The changes I made
to those files did not work, and, if my memory is correct (it was
several weeks ago), those files reverted to their original state.

I solved this by assigning this Desktop PC a Static IP address.

Since what happens, using DHCP, is, apparently, working the way it is
designed to work, if and when I have a Laptop and am roaming around
with it, I will fight this problem a lot harder.

Thanks again, to those who replied! Much appreciated!   Happy Holidays!   Lanny