[CentOS] Moving from Fedora -- Advice??

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Dec 25 18:29:39 UTC 2010

On 12/25/10 10:11 AM, Beartooth wrote:

> 	The problem will be persuading her to take any interest beyond
> knowing that *I* have some backup for her, somewhere ... (I always do one
> before an upgrade -- and upgrade her machine last, in order to have seen
> most common problems before I get to it.) Any experience with that one?

hah. Last year, I got my wife a USB backup drive, and set it up for her
laptop.  showed her how to plug it in and start the backup program while
she was doing other stuff (this is a Windows laptop).

few months later, I ask hows the backup going?   "oh, its fine, see, its
right there->" (points to the drive sitting on her work table
unplugged).  k, when did you last back it up?  "Oh, I thought you backed
it up for me?".    now, see, my wife is a tech writer, she's not a
computer novice, she's been using them professionally for 30+ years, up
to and including occasional unix shell usage.   sigh.