[CentOS] 2 Ethernet cabling question

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Sat Dec 25 21:48:34 UTC 2010

On 25.12.2010 20:29, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
> I commonly see jacks wired to T568B standard. I've seen some CAT6
> jacks with only the colors shown for T568B. The coloring for T568A is
> backwards compatible with 1 or 2 line phone connectors.

The B is the most common, and that is the one I use.

As for the two ports on one cable, you could do that with cat7 cable, as
each strand is seperately shielded. For up to 100Mb Ethernet only. As
someone else said, GigE use all eight strands in the cable. Kind of moot
point now, who would cable for 100Mb only?

--
//Morten