[CentOS] reader burner blue ray

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sun Dec 26 17:41:02 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 05:57:19PM +0100, Sven Aluoor wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 7:42 PM, fakessh @ <fakessh at fakessh.eu> wrote:
> > hello and merry christmas.
> >
> >  my question is simple and can be was already asked.
> > for my next gift I intend to buy a Blue Ray burner drive.
> >
> > I wonder if the linux kernel supports this type of material
>
> Linux has support for Blu-Ray. More about Blu-Ray as storage medium
> here http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW.
> If you wish to watch Blu-Ray movies, you need to "hack" the copy
> protection (Advanced Access Content System).

Apparently, Nero4Linux has Blu-Ray burning support.  It's a free 30 day
trial but only a $20.00USD purchase cost.

http://www.nero.com/enu/store-linux4.html

Aside from the link Sven kindly provided, it seems that playing Blu-Ray
may be a bit non-trivial, but a quick google indicated that there is a
program called makemkv.

None of this is from personal experience.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

(After finding Spike outside her house.)
Buffy: What are you doing here, Spike? Five words or less!
Spike: (counting on fingers) Out... for... a... walk... bitch.