[CentOS] E1000 eth1 link flakiness - causes??

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Dec 27 23:01:29 UTC 2010

fred smith wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 05:22:38PM -0500, E Westphal wrote:
>> Have  you experienced this? What's going on when this occurs? What do I
>> need to do to keep it from occurring? Please advise. Thanks.
>
> could be a bad network switch. or a bad cable on that NIC.
<snip>
I've got a bad feeling about this. You say this is eth1 - is eth0 in use?
Is it doing similar things? We had a similar problem, and the NIC itself
finally died. I think I managed to make it work a bit better for a few
months by putting wooden wedges from the hardware store under the box, to
let more air around to keep it cooler.

        mark