[CentOS] logrotate.d - reload vs restart

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 28 16:49:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 10:13:45 -0600
Robert Nichols wrote:

> It might be worthwhile to report a new bug against privoxy since the
> failure to do a reload after logrotate is a more serious problem than
> the one reported in #597732.

This is  privoxy rpm that I created myself by copying the spec file from
a Fedora srpm and substituting the latest version (3.0.17) of privoxy.

The logrotate configuration file for privoxy disappeared in the latest version
so I had to copy it in from an older version and haven't yet gotten around to
figuring out how to integrate it into the rpm properly.

Since the rpm I'm using isn't "official" but rather is just something I've
slapped together I don't think a bug report would be particularly useful.

I got tired of privoxy crashing and want to see if a substantially newer
version will crash less.

The behaviour with system-config-services varies under Centos from what is
contained in that bug report.  Using the init  file that came with the source
tarball I see that system-config-services doesn't even try to report its
status, but rather simply says "Usage: /etc/init.d/privoxy {start|stop|
restart}" in the Status window.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ www.melvilletheatre.com