[CentOS] Network communication between hosts

cpolish at surewest.net cpolish at surewest.net
Wed Dec 29 16:07:24 UTC 2010

derleader __ wrote:
>  The data is not so much - CPU utilization, RAM utilization, List of
>  installed software, list of users and so on. The information is not
>  so much. What are the options for this task is there a C++ library
>  that I can use to convert the data and then to transfer if via
>  network?

The information you want may already be available over the network via
snmp. The canonical invocation from the client host goes something like:

  snmpwalk -v2c -c public serverhostname

Once you've sorted through the output, you'll want to switch to more
targeted requests using snmpget or suchlike, change the community
string, consider whether or not to use snmpV3, etc.  You can invoke
these system utilities from C++. If snmpwalk is not installed on your
system try installing net-snmp on the remote (server) host,
net-snmp-utils and net-snmp-libs on the client host.
--
Charles Polisher