[CentOS] appliance to embed Centos

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Wed Dec 29 22:10:51 UTC 2010

On 12/29/2010 01:03 PM, Keith Keller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:23:43PM -0800, Nataraj wrote:
>> Then the Mac mini might be what I need performancewise.
> The Mini has only one wired interface, and its 802.11 interface may or
> may not have a fully working driver in the CentOS 6 kernel.  So if you
> really need two ethernet interfaces you should probably consider the
> other alternatives raised in the thread.
>
> --keith

Thank you keith.  I've been able to use the driver from the broadcom
website, at least with Ubuntu 10.04.  Fedora14 has a working driver
included.  As you say, though there is only one interface.   I once saw
a fedora 10 kernel get wdged in some odd state where it was sending
packets out the wrong vlan.  Ever since that time, I'm pretty insistant
that the Internet side of a firewall be on a completely seperate
interface and switch and not just on a seperate vlan.  It just feels
more secure that way.

Thanks,
Nataraj