[CentOS] 1 Gbit/s Ethernet NIC under CentOS

Thu Dec 2 02:35:56 UTC 2010
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 12/01/2010 06:07 PM, Boris Epstein wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Gordon Messmer<yinyang at eburg.com>  wrote:
>> On 12/01/2010 11:17 AM, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>>>
>>> Intel. Broadcom. That's what we use here w/o any issues; however, there
>>> are some Intel NICs that are *not* able to handle Jumbo Frames due to an
>>> internal design glitch.
>>
>> Specifically the 82573 chipsets, which are still fairly common on
>> motherboards.
>
> That's good, but I am looking for expansion card NICs.

I may not have been clear.  The Intel 82573 chipsets are faulty, and
should be avoided.  I've mostly seen them on motherboards, but I have no
reason to believe you won't find them on expansion cards.  Avoid them.