[CentOS] VNC Questions

Warren Michelsen Warren at MDCCLXXVI.com
Mon Feb 1 19:41:37 UTC 2010

At 1:27 PM -0600 2/1/10, Frank Cox sent email regarding Re: [CentOS]
VNC Questions:
>On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 11:58 -0700, Warren Michelsen wrote:
>>  user settings/prefs do I change the way this VNC server identifies
>>  itself? I'd like it to show the host name.
>
>>  I'd like my VNC sessions to be encrypted.
>>  Finally, I'd like VNC to be functional at boot,?
>>
>>  Can these things be done with the existing standard VNC server or do
>>  I have to install something else via yum or some such?
>
>You can accomplish all of these things by following the instructions
>here:
>
>http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server

I tried these instruction last week and each time I tried:

service vncserver start

I got the error that the command 'service' was not found.

I can try again, but I suspect this fresh re-install will act the same.