[CentOS] kickstart installation from usb key

Georghy fusco at wanagain.net
Tue Feb 2 10:48:09 UTC 2010

John Doe a écrit :
> From: Georghy <fusco at wanagain.net>
>
>> I'm trying to set up a custom installation of CentOS using kickstart
>> i tried many thing from how to's and tutorial web pages but nothing
>> worked ;(
>> I tried to install CentOS from my USB key but it says :
>> Title : "Missing ISO 9660"
>> Content : "The installer has tried to mount image #1,but cannot find it
>> on the hard drive ... "
>>

> Tried http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey ?
>
> JD

yes but it doesn't work

what i have done :

creating a fat 32 partition on my USB key (4 GB)
tagging it with boot flag

copy MBR on the key :

dd if=/dev/sdb of=/tmp/mbr_sdb.bin bs=512 count=1

Using syslinux :

 syslinux /dev/sdb1

Here is my key tree :
|-- CentOS
|   |-- all my rpms
|   `-- last rpm
|-- TRANS.TBL
|-- boot.cat
|-- boot.msg
|-- custom.iso
|-- general.msg
|-- images
|   |-- README
|   |-- TRANS.TBL
|   |-- boot.iso
|   |-- diskboot.img
|   |-- minstg2.img
|   |-- pxeboot
|   |   |-- README
|   |   |-- TRANS.TBL
|   |   |-- initrd.img
|   |   `-- vmlinuz
|   |-- stage2.img
|   `-- xen
|       |-- TRANS.TBL
|       |-- initrd.img
|       `-- vmlinuz
|-- initrd.img
|-- ks
|   |-- TRANS.TBL
|   `-- ks.cfg
|-- ldlinux.sys
|-- memtest
|-- options.msg
|-- package-ipbx
|   `-- packages for postinstall
|-- param.msg
|-- repodata
|   |-- TRANS.TBL
|   |-- comps.xml
|   |-- filelists.xml.gz
|   |-- other.xml.gz
|   |-- primary.xml.gz
|   `-- repomd.xml
|-- rescue.msg
|-- splash.lss
|-- syslinux.cfg
|-- syslinux.cfg~
`-- vmlinuz

Attachment : ks.cfg and syslinux.cfg

Everithing is fine 'till anaconda start and try to copy rpm packages

Using kickstart configuration or manual (text) configuration show the
same error

--
Greetings,
Georghy FUSCO