[CentOS] Internet access not working on CentOS but on Windows when travelling

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Tue Feb 2 22:25:26 UTC 2010

Many thanks for all the quick and helpful answers!

Indeed it seems to be related to the DNS.
On CentOS, after connecting to the wireless network, I hacked the
/etc/resolv.conf generated by the NetworkManager and added Google
Public DNS to it.

I could then access all websites via their domain names.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of other issues with this particular
network (disconnecting all the time, also on windows), so I was not in
a position to test a more stable configuration.