[CentOS] Block network at logoff on workstation

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Thu Feb 4 03:02:08 UTC 2010

David McGuffey wrote:

> I was wondering how to best block all network access to it when I log
> off...then unblock it when I log on. Changing iptables requires root
> access...as does running ifdown and ifup scripts.

You could use sudo to call them.. But I don't really understand your
concern, if your behind two pretty tight firewalls then there shouldn't
be anything to worry about. Myself I just have one firewall(OpenBSD),
no local firewall on my system(at home).

If your physically at the system(which I assume you are since your
blocking network access while your not logged on), perhaps simply
pulling the network cable out of the system is simplest.

nate