[CentOS] Virtualization software to install Windows as guest on CentOS 5 as host ?

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Thu Feb 4 17:40:07 UTC 2010

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 12:36 +0000, Ned Slider wrote:
>> I might be wrong, but I don't think the freely available drivers are
>> signed, unlike the virtio drivers supplied by Red Hat through the
>> Supplementary channel which are signed.
>
> The download page that was just posted here says:
>
> QUOTE:
> Code signing drivers for the Windows 64bit platforms
> Drivers should be signed for Windows 64bit platforms.
> Here are some links how to self sign and install self signed drivers:
> END OF QUOTE
>
> so I guess you can do that part yourself.

Yes, you can sign the drivers yourself, but the issue as I understand it
is that for the drivers to work with Windows (Vista, Server 2008, Win7
??), they need to be signed by a cert that has a chain of trust to
Microsoft's root cert. Red Hat (and others) have such a cert and have
appropriately signed drivers for their customers. I /believe/ the
drivers are redistributable, but they are not signed.

Disclosure: I am not a Windows expert!