[CentOS] best parallel / cluster SSH

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:31:39 UTC 2010

> It depends on what you need to do.  If you really have enough machines
> or long-running jobs that a shell loop through them isn't practical, you
> might want something higher-level like cfengine or puppet, or at least
> something running under cron to make them independent.

cfengine or puppet (or something else - slackmaster?) are where I want
to be eventually - but in the immediate term something like this would
help a lot.    e.g bouncing my 4 front-end apache servers on 4
different boxes.   That sort of thing.

I was actually going to start another "configuration management redux"
thread as a follow up to a thread I started a few months ago.