[CentOS] Mount USB disk at startup?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Feb 4 22:19:16 UTC 2010

--On Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:36 AM -0600 Robert Nichols
<rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net> wrote:

> Looks like that's about all you can do.  USB devices aren't available
> until hotplug discovers them, and that's proceeding in parallel with the
> rest of the boot sequence.  Be sure to put a timeout in that loop lest it
> hang forever if that external device is absent.

Even better would be to make the script event-driven and launched by the
hotplug process. Then there's no busy-wait.

This page has some info:

<http://linux.die.net/man/8/hotplug>

The detail links on this page aren't working for me but look promising:

<http://linux-hotplug.sourceforge.net/>