[CentOS] VMWare ESXi & CentOS5.4

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Fri Feb 5 19:08:56 UTC 2010

Thom Paine wrote:

> Any thoughts to this, or should I just put on CentOS 5.4 and be done
> with it? I know it's like asking what everyone's favourite colour is,
> but maybe a few replies will give me some ideas.

I like the VM approach because it gives a foolproof to snapshot the
guest and do testing/rollbacks easily, also the hardware configuration
is usually significantly simpler as it's abstracted, and it makes
the server more portable, easier to move to another system as a whole.

Where performance is a real big concern I use native hardware, but
those cases are fairly rare.

nate