[CentOS] Using XEN to install Windows XP as guest on CentOS 5 as host ?

Hadi Motamedi

motamedi24 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 6 06:21:19 UTC 2010

Dear All
I want to use XEN to install Windows XP as guest on CentOS 5 as host . I tried as the followings :
#yum install xen virt-manager kernel-xen
#chkconfig xend on
#reboot
Then I booted my CentOS server using XEN kernel . I tried as the followings :
#virt-manager &
But when continuing to create the virtual machine , under Installation Method menu , I cannot select 'local install media (cdrom)' and just the Network install tree is highlighted . So I tried to reach the desired one , by issuing as the followings :
#virt-install --paravirt --name WindowsXP --ram 128 --file /vm --location /mnt/cdrom
But it didn't get through as well . Can you please let me know how can I do it correctly ?
Thank you