[CentOS] Launch many scripts with reboot

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:16:38 UTC 2010

Georghy wrote:
> Kai Schaetzl a écrit :
>> Georghy wrote on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:42:21 +0100:
>>

>>> I'm using different scripts to configure different things and after
>>> these scripts I'm forced to reboot in order to use the new parameters
>>>
>> It's quite uncommon that you have to reboot for that. Especially going by
>> your quote "many".
>>
>> Kai
>>

> by "many" I mean 5-6 scripts

Do these need to run as root?  And do they really need to wait for a user to log
in or can they write their output to a file to be viewed later?  You can put a
line in /etc/rc.d/rc.local to run your script which you can change each time as
you want.  And you can add >>/path/to/logfile on the command if you want it to
be saved.   If you want something to run as the user at login, it can go in
.profile or .bash_profile in the user's home directory.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com