[CentOS] How to remove an entry in the media table

Todd Cary

todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Feb 13 22:53:09 UTC 2010

I messed up the other day when I did a rsync backup to my usb external
drive *but* forgot to mount it (turn it on).  So the system appears to
have renamed the correct one (external) to usbdrive1 and created a
directory on the HD, usbdrive.

It has been well over a year since I made that error and have forgotten
the location and name of the table that contains the usbdrive and
usbdrive1 entries.

As I recall, I need to edit the table by removing the usbdrive entry and
renaming usbdrive1 to usbdrive.

Guidance is welcomed....

Todd

--