[CentOS] How to display laptop screen on LCD TV?

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 10:50:32 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 9:08 PM, Eero Volotinen <eero.volotinen at iki.fi> wrote:
> 2010/2/14 hce <webmail.hce at gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running CentOS 5.2 on Acer laptop, I try to display laptop screen
>> on a LCD TV via VGA cable. It was fine while PC was booting in text
>> mode, but as soon as I started X Window, the LCD TV has error
>> "Unsupported signal, adjust your PC out".
>>
>> How can I adjust or may be regenerate an xorg.conf for the LCD TV
>> (Sony KDL-40V5500)?
>
> What is type of display card on computer?

Acer Inspire Aspire 5920 laptop with Intel Corporation Mobile
GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03).

> Some, like nvidia and ati provides gui tools to configure settings.

I actually tried to run system-config-display --reconfig for Sony
KDL-40V5500 LCD TV, it generated a new xorg.conf and I restarted
laptop, but still could not run X window on LCD TV. Please correct me,
but I thought if the xorg.conf is reconfigurated, it should work
unless that the CentOS 5.2 does not support the type of Sony LCD?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Jupiter