[CentOS] More oddities with priorities

Stephen Harris

lists at spuddy.org
Tue Feb 16 03:20:42 UTC 2010

Following on from my previous, I removed the perl-Date-Manip and re-installed
the Centos base perl-DateManip package.

When I do a "check-update" then it shows nothing needs to be done, but
if I do an "update" then it tries to replace the package!

In the following, c5-local, update-local, rpmforge are local rsync'd
copies of the base, updates and rpmforge repositories.  This shouldn't make
any difference, though.

$ yum clean all
Loaded plugins: priorities
Cleaning up Everything
$ yum -d2 check-update
Loaded plugins: priorities
c5-local                                                 | 2.1 kB     00:00
c5-local/primary_db                                      | 1.6 MB     00:00
extras-local                                             | 1.1 kB     00:00
extras-local/primary                                     | 107 kB     00:00
extras-local                                                            325/325
rpmforge                                                 | 1.1 kB     00:00
rpmforge/primary                                         | 3.6 MB     00:00
rpmforge                                                            10065/10065
update-local                                             | 1.9 kB     00:00
update-local/primary_db                                  | 510 kB     00:00
476 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
$ yum update
Loaded plugins: priorities
476 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Update Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package perl-Date-Manip.noarch 0:5.54-2.el5.rf set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

 Package               Arch         Version                Repository      Size
Installing:
 perl-Date-Manip       noarch       5.54-2.el5.rf          rpmforge       210 k
     replacing  perl-DateManip.noarch 5.44-1.2.1

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)