[CentOS] [OT?] diffs between mysql 5.0 and 5.1, and upgrading to mysql 5.1?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:36:42 UTC 2010

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   being used to mysql 5.1 on my fedora system, i'm suddenly looking
> after a centos 5.4 box with mysql 5.0.77.  before i start digging into
> the mysql 5.0-5.1 changelog, do i have a lot to worry about in terms
> of mentally backing up one version?  or is simply upgrading the centos
> box to mysql 5.1 an option?  (i realize that mysql 5.1 is *not*
> officially supported in centos 5.4.)

There's a packaged 5.1.41 in the remi repo.  I'm running it (and php5.3.1) on
one machine as a side effect of getting the ocsinventory server there.  I'm not
running much else that isn't perl or java on that machine so I don't know if it
can cause other problems.

http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config-en

--
   Les Mikesell