[CentOS] HP Proliant ML150 : how do I access disks ?

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Wed Feb 17 15:12:05 UTC 2010

There should be a message from the bios about "configure the disk
controller".  It's usually F8 to get into it.  Once in, you will need to
create virtual/logical drives.  Depending on the model you may not be
able to do anything other than a RAID array.  You may be able to create
single disk 'arrays' if you really want to see the individual drives.

Once you have the drives created, the installer should see them.  On DL
series Proliants they are /dev/cciss/c0d0 (for the first array).  You
will want to grab the appropriate HP agents from the web site.  hpacucli
is very useful as it allows you to access the drives (and any new ones
you get) from the command line of the OS.