[CentOS] a VNC client suitable to monitor 15 desktops in 1 screen, automatic reconnect. Exists?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 16:31:03 UTC 2010

On 2/17/2010 10:17 AM, Andres Salazar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a VNC client out there that can permit me to run it 15 times
> simultaneously and scale them smaller so that I can view 15 little
> remote screens (at the same time) in my one big monitor?

Any vnc client should be able to be run 15 times.  I'm not sure if they
all do scaling.

> Also, is there a way to make it so if the PC is rebooted the client
> automatically reconnects ?
>
> The goal of this is to have one big monitor to view in realtime what
> people are doing in their PCs. Without interaction from me with the
> mouse/keyboard.. all I need to do is watch.
>
> A plus if this VNC client is compatible with MacOS/windows

There's something called fl_teachertool that is intended for classroom
use with LTSP-booted terminals that you might be able to adapt:
http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/.

I assume you are planning to notify the users affected that their
privacy is being compromised.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com