[CentOS] HP Proliant ML150 : how do I access disks ?

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Thu Feb 18 00:51:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:
> boot configuration tools (bios, scsi configurator). So far I haven't
SCSI -> Disk

Go to www.hp.com, , click on Support & Drivers, on Step 2, for product
type ML 150, click GO. Select the correct generation, i.e. G5 or G6
etc. (it should be printed in the front), select Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 5 Server (x86 or x86-64). Scroll down until you get to the
Driver - Storage Controller section. Download HP ProLiant Smart Array
Controller... And so on.

When the server boots up, you will be presented with various options.
Anything that mentions disk is your target. You will have to create at
least one volume from a single disk, probably it's best to do RAID1
using both disks but all of that depends on what you want to do.