[CentOS] recover data on usb drive

fred smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sun Feb 21 22:41:54 UTC 2010

Hi gang

I just did a really stupid thing...

I did fdisk and removed the ext3 partition on my 500GB external USB drive,
thinking I was working on a usb stick instead. ugh.

then I did 'mkdosfs' on it. ugh ugh.

Before messing with it any more at all, what good ideas can you all
suggest for trying to get my data back?

Please don't tell me it's all gone (though I"m afraid it is).

this was a backup from a Lacie 2bigNetwork that's off for repair, so
if I really have trashed it my family is gonna kill me. :(
Especially my son who had all his anime on the 2big.

I'm all ears....