[CentOS] recover data on usb drive
lists at brimer.org
Sun Feb 21 23:16:17 UTC 2010
> I did fdisk and removed the ext3 partition on my 500GB external USB drive,
> thinking I was working on a usb stick instead. ugh.
> then I did 'mkdosfs' on it. ugh ugh.
> Before messing with it any more at all, what good ideas can you all
> suggest for trying to get my data back?
> Please don't tell me it's all gone (though I"m afraid it is).
* Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
* Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
* Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
* Fix FAT tables
* Rebuild NTFS boot sector
* Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
* Fix MFT using MFT mirror
* Locate ext2/ext3 Backup SuperBlock
* Undelete files from FAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
* Copy files from deleted FAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3 partitions.
More information about the CentOS