[CentOS] multi-seated configuration

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:55:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Andy Graybeal
<andy.graybeal at casanueva.com> wrote:
> is anyone using a multi-seated configuration with CentOS?
>
> I'm thinking about buying a two 2 headed nvidia card to run 4 separate
> monitors and 4 separate keyboards and mice.  I don't mind using either
> proprietary or opensource nvidia drivers.
>
> I'm looking for more information regarding centos and multiseated
> configurations.  I've read a bit about fedora and ubuntu with
> multiseating, but I haven't found much with CentOS.
>
> I'm fairly new to this so I would need pretty good documentation / hand
> holding to accomplish this.

One caveat is sound support..  I had to play around with the sound
driver loading so that root runs the sound server and allows the other
users to connect.  If you ran two sound servers on different cards or
use some sort of network sound it may be easier. I ended up just
disabling the sound for the second user.