[CentOS] Recommended PCIe SATA/SAS Controller?

Stephen Wong stephen at wongstephen.com
Thu Feb 25 01:47:53 UTC 2010

Any Silicon Image card will do, don't worry about the fake-raid bios,
don't define anything under the fake-raid bios, and the kernel will
see the Silicon Image chip and connected disks readily.  The kernel
module for Silicon Image 3124 was there for long time.  I have
installations which use such SATA chips running for a few years.

My 2 cents.

Regards,
Stephen WONG