[CentOS] puzzling md error ?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Feb 28 22:37:13 UTC 2010

Clint Dilks wrote:
> SWAP inside LVM is fine in my experience.  Personally I consider this a
> benign error and generally ignore it unless the mismatch count is very high

And how do I know all these mirror data mismatches are Swap?  does not
each mismatch mean the mirrors disagree, which means one of them is
wrong.  Which one?  since they aren't timestamped or checksummed (like
vxvm, zfs do), I am playing 'data maybe'.    As someone who adminstrates
database servers, i have a real problem with that.

btw, this is centos 5.4+latest x86_64, its primarily running postgres,
and our inhouse java middleware apps.  and was going to be a oracle grid
operations server.