[CentOS] Virtualization - what do You recommend?

Thu Feb 4 03:10:13 UTC 2010
Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>

On Thursday, February 04, 2010 10:20 AM, David McGuffey wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 11:51 -0500, Max Hetrick wrote:
>> Bobby wrote:
>>
>>> Odd, for some time I have had USB support with Sun's Virtualbox. It was a
>>> problem at some point but works fine here (Using Fedora 11). I'm pretty sure I
>>> watched a USB CAM on XP (as a VM client) a while ago.
>>
>> Well, it's supported and works, however, you have to remount usbfs and
>> chmod a file or two, and then it works in VirtualBox. So it's more of a
>> bug I guess than unsupported.
>>
>> Max
>
> I'm using CentOS 5.4 x86_64 with KVM. Have created several Windows VMs.
> USB, CDROM, and virtual hard disks all work in it.  Seems rock solid to
> me so far. The VMs and their xml descriptor files are easy to back up.

No doubt that all virtual hard disks work.

If you want good performance however, virtio disks are only supported on
Vista based stuff like Vista, 7, 2008 with the virtio disk device driver
installed.