[CentOS] one server handled sendmail added two more servers messes things up

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Jan 1 20:05:35 UTC 2010

lists-centos wrote:
> What IPnumbers did you give the two new machines? What does your DNS
> look like.
>
> >From the outside, mail will be delivered to the MX- (or if that
> doesn't exist A-) record machine (based on the IPnumber in the DNS
> record) for the FQDN on the message.
>
>   - Rick

All three machines have the same FQDN.
something like A.mydomain.com, B.mydomain.com, C.mydomain.com

The IP numbers are X.Y.Z.170, .171 and .172

All three machines have MX records. they all have the same domain name.

It is a big deal to request changes from the provider so I was hoping
there was a way
to just tell the two new machines that incoming email to them just send
on over to the the
first machine.

Is there a way to do that - or am I going about this the wrong way?

Jerry