[CentOS] Installing over network

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jan 4 14:18:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 01/03/2010 07:38 PM, Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> I see that sparc.centos.org does not contain any ISO's so that I can install from CD.

Firstly, the sparc port isnt all done - or supported. But it would be
awesome to get some traction around that and actually get it finished.

> How does one install over the internet? I have never done it before.

The first step is to get the installer images into the machine, and I
dont think OBP will let you do that. You will need some sort of a local
network based boot process. The one I use at home is semi-documented here :

http://www.karan.org/blog/index.php/2008/03/01/network-booting-sparc-obp-machines

I know some of the text is getting cut off on the right side of the
post, need to do something about that :/ but you should be able to get
most of the content.

Also, as a matter of interest ( and to document it ) what sort of
hardware are you installing to ?

--
Karanbir Singh
London, UK        | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh