[CentOS] Dear Centos Mailing List, If you can't find in google, try JUSTDIAL.COM

Ralph Angenendt ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 13:12:42 UTC 2010

Am 06.01.10 13:47, schrieb mark:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> Am 06.01.10 11:31, schrieb Kai Schaetzl:
>>> For the mailing-list maintainer, mailservers to block for the latest spam
>>> to this list:
>>>
>>> contestjd.com
>>> monopost.com
>>> linkedin.com
>>
>> Hmmm. The latter is LinkedIn - I don't really want to block that :)
>>
>> There's really not much to do - blocking domains *after* they have been
>> used for a spam run doesn't even clean anything up.
>
> Why not block linkedin.com? There shouldn't be anyone posting to this mailing
> list from there... and over the last few months, I've started getting spam from
> there directly, as in invites allegedly for someone else, but addressed to me
> (and, presumably, a ton of others).

Because you cannot block hosts in mailman which aren't used for the
construction of mail addresses. So I can block "foobar _AT_
linkedin.com", but cannot block "foobar _AT_ example.com" where mail
enters our system from linkedin.com.

I would have to do that on the system level (well, mailserver) - but I
won't do that for several reasons.

Ralph