[CentOS] Dear Centos Mailing List, If you can't find in google, try JUSTDIAL.COM

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Jan 6 15:31:21 UTC 2010

Ralph Angenendt wrote on Wed, 06 Jan 2010 12:45:19 +0100:

> Hmmm. The latter is LinkedIn - I don't really want to block that :)

yes, and they have been spamming this list already several times. It's
getting annoying over time.

> I would have to do that on the system level (well, mailserver) - but I
> won't do that for several reasons.

Ok, I can understand that, in case you don't want to block other
recipients on that server getting mail from linkedin.
However, then you cannot block much at all as most of this stuff will not
have a common hostname in the address. You could at least block
badoo.com then (spanish linkin or so), they use their own domain according
to that recent spam.

With the LinkIn spam I was thinking that this must have been list members
uploading their addressbook. But it appears to me now that you allow non-
members to post to the list. I've never thought that's a good idea.

Kai