[CentOS] CentOS 5.4 x86_64 and HPLIP-3.9.12

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 18:48:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM,  <gene.poole at macys.com> wrote:
> I recently purchased a HP Officejet Pro 8500 (A909a) and it's ethernet
> attached.  It's been configured and works perfectly from WinXP, Win Vista,
> Windows 7, and Fedora 11 x86_64. However, on my machine running CentOS 5.4
> x86_64 I can't get the configuration to work so that it prints duplex
> (2-sided).  The HP Setup appears to be working from the command line, but
> the graphic portion doesn't appear to work. Any ideas?

I don't have that particular device but have recently configured some other HPs.
Are you using the built-in CentOS utility (hplip) or the one from the
HP site?  I used the one from the website (hplipopensource.com) and
had extremely noticeable improvement in image quality and speed, plus
all the other options worked fine.