[CentOS] 2 CPU's problem(Centos5)

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Thu Jan 7 10:45:38 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 06 January 2010, Anas Alnaffar wrote:
> Dears,
>
> I hope this email finds you well and in a very good health,
>
> I've been installed Centos5 on HP DL380 G5 server(Dual Processor), but
> actually we are unable to see the other CPU

Centos-5 works correctly with "HP DL380 G5 server(Dual Processor)" without
modifications. So you're chasing either a hardware configuration problem or
a "broken" install.

The contents of /proc/cpuinfo and the output of "dmesg" would allow us to give
you better help.

> , during boot I get this error
> message,
>
> Module microcode doesn't exit  /proc/modules

This is not the cause. It's a non-fatal warning that can be ignored.

/Peter