[CentOS] setup schedule cron job every other week?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jan 8 16:48:41 UTC 2010

> Thank you.  This script only work on regular enviroment like sh, ksh and
> bash.  When I put on cron job I got error message:
>
> /bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
>
> any ideal (CENTOS 4 and 5)?

Please read the cron man page. *THOROUGHLY*

A job running from cron DOES NOT HAVE YOUR ENVIRONMENT.

Does your script have
#!/bin/bash
at the top? If not, it will be run as Bourne shell, which has a lot of
*nothing* of the features you expect to program with.

Check the environment that you require.

      mark