[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

JohnS jses27 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 23:49:22 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 15:23 -0800, nate wrote:
> JohnS wrote:
>
> > Just asking is the fiber ports BiDirectional or Directional or can they
> > support a Bond that is BiDirectional of 4GB/s  or can they be trunked
> > into 16GB/s?  Bidirectional.   I need about 24 GB/s banwidth sustained,
> > yes per second.  Also what type of sparse file I/O you get .  I see you
> > stated multimode.  Some don't classify that as true BiDirectional
> > Bonding.
>
> 24 gigabytes per second? Look to Fusion IO
>
> http://www.fusionio.com/products/
>
> Or TMS
> http://www.ramsan.com/products/products.htm
>
> Depending on how much disk space you need and the nature of
> your application.
>
> nate
---
Currently using the older model of this one [1] @ 4GB/s on the fiber.
Thats with BiDirectional, both links at 4 GB/s.  Were looking for
something to scale to 24 if not 30.  It is in constant time wait also of
about .30.  It has what I call an ROI (return on investment) of 5 mins
and longer, witch needs to be cut down greatly, 30 secs to a min.  The
application supports 128 CPUs of which it's a PACS Appication that runs
in almost real time.

The bad thing just throwing money at storage is not going to work, we
have to have a 30 - 90 day POC, period in house.

[1]
http://store.shopfujitsu.com/fpc/Ecommerce/buildseriesbean.do?series=ETDX440&ptype=STORAGE

John