[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Mon Jan 11 13:23:54 UTC 2010

On Monday 11 January 2010, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 01/08/2010 05:28 PM, R-Elists wrote:
> > what is wrong or what problems are you referring to with cciss please ?
>
> problems mostly centered around management and performance issues. the
> world is littered with stores of cciss fail

I would certainly not go as far as saying that I like cciss, but, they are
imho not much worse than other products. We currently have ~500T on p800 and
it behaves quite well.

As for the specifics:
- Management: hpacucli is certainly odd, but then again neither tw_cli (3ware)
nor cli64 (areca) shines.
- Performance: certainly not a strong point, but a p800 can sustain quite a
bit more than the 1G ethernet link I need.

/Peter