[CentOS] 8-15 TB storage: any recommendations?

Keith Keller kkeller at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 12 19:53:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 09:01:42AM +0100, Peter Kjellstrom wrote:

> Is that supposed to be a joke? 3ware has certainly had their fair share of
> stability problems (drive time-outs, bbu-problems, inconsistent
> behaviour, ...) and monitoring wise they suck (imho). Do you like tw_cli?

I don't dislike tw_cli.  At least, I like it much better than the old
afacli/aaccli, and I also like having 3dm2 send out email alerts in
addition to monitoring using tw_cli.  (I have a short nagios plugin I've
written to parse the tw_cli output, as well; it's not all that great,
but if others are interested I will send it offlist.)

I have seen some of the other issues you mentioned, which is one reason
I have been considering other vendors (and, I suppose, software RAID,
though less seriously).

--keith

kkeller at speakeasy.net