[CentOS] more kickstart - saving %pre decisions for %post

John Doe jdmls at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 14:48:48 UTC 2010

From: Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-postinstallconfig.html
> Hmmm, that link tells me surprisingly little.
> Can you give some specifics as to how I might accomplish this?

It means, if you don't use -nochroot, the '/', when in post, will be '/mnt/sysimage'.
If you do use -nochroot, the '/' will be '/'.
So, if you want to access your kickstart pre data, either:
- put it in '/tmp', use -nochroot and access it from '/tmp'.
- put it in  '/mnt/sysimage/tmp' and access it from '/tmp'.

JD